Skip-the-line tickets with optional guided tour of Pompeii
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site by choosing between skip the line or guided tour tickets
- Travel back in time to see the city's last moments, admiring its remains covered by the eruption of Vesuvius in 79AD
- Discover the incredible, perfectly preserved paintings, everyday objects and plaster casts of the victims
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997, Pompeii undoubtedly tells a fascinating chapter in the history of Ancient Rome. Here time stopped in 79AD, when the eruption of the nearby volcano Vesuvius covered the city, the buildings, the streets and its inhabitants.
Discover how people lived in ancient Rome in the first century and visit the monumental buildings and houses where you can still admire the walls decorated with incredible mosaics and paintings. You can also visit the forum, the center of political and social life in the city, and where plaster casts of the victims are exposed along with everyday objects.
- Entrance to Pompeii archeological site
- Guided visit of Pompeii ruins (if selected)
- Under 18 years of age
- EU students and teachers of the Faculties of Architecture, Literature (Archaeological or Historical-Artistic), Conservation of Cultural Heritage and Educational Sciences, showing the certificate of enrolment for the current academic year
- Teachers and students from the EU enrolled in the Academies of Fine Arts, showing the certificate of enrolment for the current academic year
- Belonging to the I.C.O.M. (International Council of Museums)
- School groups (NO university) from the EU (reservation required) with accompanying person
- Journalists with order card
- MiBACT employees - Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism
- Disabled persons from the European Union and their companion
- EU tourist guides, by producing a valid licence issued by the competent authority
- EU tourist interpreters when working alongside the guide, by showing a valid licence issued by the competent authority
- To the teaching staff of the Italian school, on permanent or temporary contracts, upon presentation of appropriate certification issued by the educational institutions
- EU citizens from 18 to 24 years of age, with valid ID
- Infants (0-3 years)
- EU citizens from 18 to 24 years of age
- Children from 4 to 17 years of age
Via Villa dei Misteri, 3, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
Near the entrance of Porta Marina Superiore.
- It is not permitted to bring bags, backpacks, suitcases or briefcases larger than 30 x 30 x 15 cm into the site
- You may leave them at the bag check at the Porta Marina Superiore entrance free of charge
- On the first Sunday of the month, entrance to the site is free (visitors may be capped if there are too many to let in at once)
- The entrance tickets can be cancelled up to 2 hours before
- Guided visits: taking into account that your voucher will need to be exchanged with the ticket, please leave early enough to reach the site at least 30 minutes before the start of the tour. There is no guarantee that any late arrivals will be waited for
- In the case that the minimum number of participants for the guided tour is not met, you will be offered another date for the tour or a full refund
- For visitors in wheelchairs who have selected the guided tour option, a dedicated route is available, but it is limited compared to the standard tour
Pompeii is closed 1 January, 1 May, 25 December
You can access the site when you desire during the opening hours:
- From April to October: 9.00am to 7.30pm (last entrance at 6.00pm)
- From November to March: 9.00am to 5.00pm (last entrance at 3.30pm)
- Saturdays and Sundays: entrance at 8.30am
- Guided visit in English, Spanish, French and Italian: every day at 10.00am
Among the most visited sites in Italy, Pompeii was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. T...
Among the most visited sites in Italy, Pompeii was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997...
The cost of the adult ticket is 18 euros; the cost of the reduced ticket is 2 euros. The price liste...
The full price ticket costs 14 euros; the reduced ticket costs 2 euros. The price listed in the cale...
Overlooking the Gulf of Naples, Herculaneum became famous worldwide when the archaeological excavati...
The cost of the full price ticket is 6 euros; the cost of the reduced ticket is 2 euros. The price l...
Depart at 8.45am from your location of choice in Naples (hotel/port/station) and head along the coas...
This walking tour starts every day from Naples in Piazza Municipio by the Neptune Fountain.Take chan...
Escape the hustle and bustle of Capri and spend a leisurely day experiencing the natural beauty of C...
Naples is a truly amazing city: beautiful, lively and chaotic with something to discover at every tu...