Giant's Causeway and Game of Thrones location tour from Belfast
- Discover Game of Thrones's world with the extension of the normal Giant's Causeway Tour
- Visit the legendary Giant's Causeway
- Visit Ballintoy Harbour, the beautiful scenario of Game of Thrones Iron Islands
- See the Dark Hedges, also known as "King's Road" in Game of Thrones
- From April 11th to September 1st only, visit the Game of Thrones Touring Exhibition with authentic props, costumes and majestic settings from all seven seasons to create an interactive and immersive Game of Thrones® experience. Please note the tour will not include Ballintoy Harbour on these days, in order to make time for the exhibition
The first stop is the Dark Hedges, known as the location where Arya Stark made her escape down The Kings Road. Journey down the tunnel-like avenue of intertwined beech trees, and spend a few minutes at the site where Ayra Stark dressed as a boy to escape from King’s Landing.
Stop at the Giant's Causeway (around 1 hour 30 minutes). Explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site with ample time for discovery. Continue to the Giant's Causeway to enjoy around 1.5 hours exploring the 40,000 interlocking hexagonal stone columns on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. Explore the place and hear the legend of Finn McCool. The Causeway consists of 40,000 hexagonal basalt columns formed during a volcanic eruption 60 million years ago.
Onward to Ballintoy Harbour (where you will get around one hour) to enjoy one of our favourite filming locations on this tour. Experience the scene where Theon comes home for the first time. Your guide will show you where Theon was baptised in front of Balon and Yara, and where Euron was drowned and crowned to be king. The directors of Game of Thrones used this site extensively to film. Enjoy the most beautiful harbour in Ireland and take in the views and reflect on all the magic and mystery of Game of Thrones.
We will then take you back to the Causeway coastal route. Enjoy the beautiful view of islands just off the coast like Rathlin Island, Sheep Island or even Scotland on a nice day. At the end, you will vist the caves in Cushendun. This is where Ser Davos Seaworth brought Melisandre to give birth to the baby assassin who killed Renly Baratheon. After this stop, you will drive through the Glens of Antrim to go back to Belfast.
Starting from April 11th and ending on September 1st this tour will include as your last stop, a step inside Westeros and the lands beyond at GAME OF THRONES™: The Touring Exhibition. Featuring a mix of environments, interactives, and multimedia content, this all-new exhibition drops fans into the centre of the Seven Kingdoms with an up-close look at authentic props, costumes and set decorations from the HBO® series Game of Thrones®. Don't miss the opportunity to join this one and a half hour glimpse into the world of Game of Thrones®, not available on any other tour! Please note that on the days visiting the Touring Exhibition, the tour will not include the visit at the Ballintoy Harbour, in order to make time for the exhibition.
- Guided tour
- April 11th to September 1st admission to GAME OF THRONES™: The Touring Exhibition. Please note that in this period,the tour will not include Ballintoy Harbour
31 Chichester Street, Belfast
Outside Top Shop entrance, across the road from Garrick bar
- Unfortunately, the tour is not accessible for wheelchair users or people with limited mobility
- All times are approximate. The locations might be visited in a different order, depends on traffic and weather
- This tour is independently operated and is not sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with HBO or anyone associated with Game of Thrones
- Not suitable for children under 3. If your child is very used to traveling, please book 1 seat per child and bring your own child seat
- Please note from April 11th and ending on September 1st, the tour will not include Ballintoy harbor in order to make time for GAME OF THRONES™: The Touring Exhibition
- Departure at 9:15 am from Belfast
- Return around 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm at the same place
Join other fans of the show on this Winterfell Game of Thrones Tour which visits iconic locations lo...
Between 1971 and 1998 Belfast City Centre was the setting for many tragic incidents of "the Troubles...
The Belfast City Church Tour is a city centre walking tour that takes in several of the most strikin...
This tour is designed to visit as many sights as possible in one day, so you'll have the chance to s...
You'll begin your tour by stopping at Saul Church, the oldest Church in Ireland, over 1586 years old...
The Belfast City Sightseeing Hop-on Hop-off Open-top bus tour provides you with a comprehensive look...